Monday, May 22, 2017

I have been gradually distancing myself from people who make me feel drained. After taking a few weeks off from Facebook, I decided to come back on a limited basis. Using the platform to achieve my vision, rather than to entertain anyone else's musings. I just don't have time to waste on the trivial.

I meant to work on the second edition of my book over the weekend, but I didn't get a chance to. I spent most of my time trying to stay cool and hanging out with family and friends. Lily is spending the week with her dad. He and I decided to alternate weeks with her. So she will be with me next week.

I finally watched Hidden Figures. What an excellent movie. Just the kind of film to inspire me to do great things. Which is what I'm trying to do with Journal Writers, but the meetups are not going as well as I thought they would. No one showed up to the first meetup I arranged at Starbucks. So if this trend continues, I'll just scrap the meetups altogether and create a more individualized approach to helping others with journal writing.

Today I'm mostly focused on getting back into reading books I love and studying about the things that interest me the most like handwriting analysis and creative writing. I have become more introverted, and I feel much better this way.